Worship Pastor Search
How can I contact someone about the worship pastor search or submit my resume?
What happened to our worship pastor?
Art Werner ministered at CBC for ten years. In December 2016, he accepted a call to become the Pastor of Worship and Administration of First Baptist Church, Jasper, AL. A good friend and pastor that Art previously worked with had moved recently to FBC Jasper, and he extended an invitation to Art to join him in ministry again.
What are the stages in the process to hire a new worship pastor?
- According to our By-laws, a Worship Pastor Search team must be formed to walk through the process of seeking candidates for the position.
- The church family submits names to the elders.
- Elders vet the names and send a list of potential members to the Lay Leadership Search Team.
- The Lay Leadership Search Team contacts and interviews each person named.
- Once a final list is approved, the names will be presented to the church family for a vote.
- The Team will begin receiving resumes, conduct interviews and narrow down the list of candidates.
- The Candidate will also interview with elders, and meet with staff and key ministry leaders.
- The Church family will be presented a candidate for consideration and vote.
What stage of the search are we in?
- The committee has prayerfully evaluated the resumes and materials provided by more than 50 highly qualified pastors and worship leaders.
- The committee then narrowed the field to the top 10 for further consideration.
- Candidates were sent in depth questionnaires, we evaluated their responses, and conducted prescreening interviews with the top 5 candidates.
- A prospective candidate has been identified. He will visit CBC to be interviewed by our leaders in early February. If we feel that this is the man God has chosen for CBC, he will be invited to return as a formal candidate. If we don't feel led to pursue him any further, we will continue to prayerfully consider other prospective candidates.
- It is our hope and prayer to introduce our candidate for the Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts to the choir, orchestra, praise band and our church family by the early part of spring.
- Here is a link to the ministry job description.
Who comprises the search team?
- Per our church By-laws, the search team should consist at a minimum of one (1) elder, one (1) deacon, and at least three (3) at-large members. The current elders recommend expanding the team to include six(6) at-large members.
- The elder serving on the team is Aubrey Ralph.
- The deacon serving on the team is Bob Plummer.
- The at-large members are Amber Joyce, Joni Isaac, Jorge Bezerra, Martha Corrick, Nathan Poe, and Nate Copeland.
- Bill Hatcher is serving as staff liaison.
How can I help?
- Pray for our interim Worship Pastor, Marty McCall and our interim 10:45 worship leader, Jim Combs.
- Pray for our choir, orchestra and praise band as they lead us in worship each Sunday morning.
- Pray for the Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts Search committee as they prayerfully discern the man God is calling to be our next Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts.
- Give thanks for all that God has done in a through CBC over the years and pray for a power move of the Holy Spirit as we Move Forward in Faith to impact our community for Christ in this new season.